Care First Recruitment Ltd are currently recruiting for a Refuge Workers to work in supported housing units on a temporary basis in various London locations.
Aim: The Refuges provides temporary emergency accommodation to women and their families
Job Purpose: As a refuge worker, you will be responsible for providing high quality practical and emotional support to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide temporary emergency accommodation to women and their children (if any) who have experienced or exposed to domestic abuse.
- To empower and support women
- To provide practical and emotional support
- Appropriate advice and advocacy for women e.g. housing, welfare benefits, legal options, health, education, training and child care
- To integrate with all local / national Violence Against Women and Girls
- Provide ongoing support to help transform their lives
- Support vulnerable adults and children to realise their aspirations and fulfil their potential
- To enable and enhance each client’s quality of life by promoting / maintaining independent living for themselves and any dependants they may have ensuring confidentiality is kept always
- Provide strong casework management skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Understand the importance of maintaining professional boundaries
- Direct experience of providing support to survivors
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to domestic violence including civil/criminal legislation and welfare rights
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references for the immediate 5 years and an Enhanced DBS.
In addition you must have experience of working in DVA and Safeguarding, providing emotional and practical support to women and children living in the community who have or may still be experiencing domestic abuse.