Job Purpose: As a refuge worker, you will be responsible for providing high quality practical and emotional support to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide temporary emergency accommodation to woman and their children (if any) who have experience or exposed to domestic abuse.
- To empower and support woman
- T provide Practical and emotional support
- Appropriate advice and advocacy for women e.g. housing, welfare benefits, legal options, health , education, training and child care
- To integrate with all local / National Violence Against Women and Girls
- Provide ongoing support to help transform their lives
- Support vulnerable adults and children to realise their aspirations and fulfill their potential
- To enable and enhance each client’s quality of life by promoting / maintaining independent living for themselves and any dependents they may have ensuring confidentiality is kept at all times
- Provide strong casework management skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Understand the importance of maintaining professional boundaries
- Direct experience of providing support to survivors
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to domestic violence including civil/criminal legislation and welfare rights.
In addition you must have experience of working in Domestic Violence and Safeguarding, providing emotional and practical support to women and children living in the community who have or may still be experiencing domestic abuse.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references for the immediate 5 years and an Enhanced DBS.