CARE FIRST RECRUITMENT LTD are assisting a client in East London to find a Project Manager who is available until July 2019 for maternity cover
JOB TITLE: Project Manager, Regeneration.
JOB PURPOSE: As a member of the Regeneration Team you will be responsible for delivering business objectives to your designated team. Also, be responsible for the effective management of staff and deliver services that will achieve continuous improvement of the council.
HOURS: 36 hours per week
PAY RATE: Depends on experience
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Regeneration Project Manager will have direct responsibility for the management of the following activities:
- The physical, economic and social regeneration of the Borough, ensuring development maximises value for money, is sustainable and of highest quality, responds to climate change and delivers policy objectives.
- Contributing to the leadership and development of strategic and detailed Housing Regeneration Programmes.
- To apply new and innovative ways of doing things, recognising and promoting the positive benefit of change to improve services and achieve goals.
- To work with colleagues across the Council, in partnership with residents, and the selected partner developer(s), to co-ordinate delivery of one or more major regeneration schemes.
- To ensure the service facilitates development opportunities and solutions which address the issues of sustainable communities and deliver regeneration outcomes which give the best possible opportunities.
- To assist in the management of the team and to take responsibility for specific project work.
- To assist the Head of Service/Programme maximise community benefits through the development process ensuring positive outcomes for the Borough residents.
- To ensure that the work carried out by the functions for which the post holder is responsible is in accordance with required Council standards and standing orders, legal requirements and national and local objectives and that adequate monitoring and auditing processes are in place.
- Deputising as required for the Head of Service/Programme in all matters relating to statutory functions ensuring that statutory functions are met and that accelerated and sustained improvements in performance against Government and local targets are achieved.
- The Regeneration Project Manager needs to have significant experience working in a housing regeneration environment
- Membership of the chartered Institute of Housing is desirable. The post holder will have a relevant degree and/or post graduate qualification. Consideration will still be given to those applicants who are not qualified but who can demonstrate they have worked at a senior level in development or regeneration for a significant length of time.
- Project Management qualification is desirable.