CARE FIRST RECRUITMENT LTD currently requires an Information Governance Assistant to work with one of our clients in the East London area.
JOB TITLE: Information Governance Assistant
JOB PURPOSE: To assist with support for all aspects of information and records management across the council. Ensure high quality user experience and carry out routine tasks associated with excellent management of information and records.
HOURS: 36 hours per week, 09:00 to 17:00
PAY RATE: From £17.00 per hour
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply effective information handling procedures, including those procedures required to manage formal information access requests, for example requests made under Data Protection and other relevant legislation and regulation.
- Work closely with colleagues and clients to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures.
- Work under supervision to control and manage the accessibility, retrievability, and security of specific subsets of data and information.
- In accordance with agreed procedures, monitor application systems or modules for which responsible by regular scrutiny of reports from the applications software, systems software or service delivery staff. Note problems and identify performance trends. Take corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising, with assistance from more senior colleagues where necessary.
- Receive and log requests for application support from service desk, other service delivery staff and / or users.
- Within own area of competence, investigate issues and other requests for application support and determine appropriate actions.
- To assist with the transformation of information from one format to another when appropriate.
- Ensure all work is documented to comply to the standards, including reporting details of all hardware and software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
- Carry out routine collection of information and records as directed and report and escalate unforeseen or exceptional events.
At least one-year experience working in Information Governance role, ideally in a local authority.
The right candidate should be confident with legislation relating to information governance and must be able to take ownership of their work.
Candidates must be confident in applying legislation to individual cases.
Please call Lisa on 0207 034 0550 or email email@example.com