Care First Recruitment Ltd is currently recruiting Facilities Officers to work for various local authorities across London.
As a member of the facilities management team, the post holder would be directly responsible for the day to day operation of council buildings and ensure customer requirements are met.
If your application is successful you will be the first point of contact for users and members of the public where appropriate. Other responsibilities would also include monitoring the use of the building facility, including cleaning, repairs, maintenance and the security of the site.
- To open and close council buildings as required for users ensuring the smooth running of facilities. To work with the Line Manager on the use of the buildings and cover required.
- To implement all health, safety and fire inspections, including tests, and ensure that all work hazards are clearly identified and appropriate measures put in place to ensure the safety of staff, visitors and users at the site.
- To ensure that the building’s external areas are regularly monitored and maintained, are safe, and secure for public and staff use.
- To be the first point of contact for users and members of the public during weekdays, evenings, weekends and in the event of an emergency and to maintain a customer focussed approach for all users.
- To maintain a formal log of visits by maintenance staff and other contractors to the site and to report any deficiencies in performance. To ensure on a daily basis that a standard of hygiene and tidiness is maintained and that rooms are set up for daily requirements. Provide cover for cleaning staff when sick or on leave.
- To carry out minor maintenance work e.g. painting as required.
- To carry out cleaning duties as required
- To liaise with the line manager as required and to confirm all details of the smooth running of facilities and services and to make reports as required. To maintain a log of equipment and materials in stock and submit orders for supplies to the line manager.
- To provide basic first aid cover to customers and staff.
- To act as a designated key holder as required and undertake any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK, satisfactory references for the immediate 5 years.
For further information please speak to Sarah