Care First Recruitment Ltd are currently recruiting Contact Supervisors to work across various locations within London
Contact supervisors observe contact meetings between children and their parent/guardian. The child would have been placed into the care of the local authority due to safeguarding issues. The contact meetings could take place either within a designated contact centre or could be community based, the contact supervisor would ensure that the contact meeting is supervised as per the instructions of the local authority.
your application is successful you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Additional paid time for report writing
- Public transport/Car mileage will be paid through expense claims for accompanying the child/children between different locations when required
- Weekly payment and flexible working hours
- Holiday pay and statutory sick pay
- To work as part of a team, carrying out duties as required by center based or community based contacts.
- To supervise, observe and record contact sessions with the needs and safety of the child as a priority.
- Taking the appropriate action to protect the safety of the children or parents and promote their welfare intervening where this is threatened and terminating contact when necessary.
- Support children and young people to manage expectations of contact
- Write comprehensive reports on each contact
- Ability to use IT equipment
- Immediately report to the centre any concerns of a child protection nature in accordance with policy and procedure
- Attend staff meetings or team meetings if required
You are required to have some practical experience working with children, young people and families.
Qualification within the social sector preferred
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK, satisfactory references for the immediate 5 years and an Enhanced DBS.