Good work ethic. Some food service experience is helpful and experience of working in a busy kitchen
Responsible to: The kitchen manager and the cook
- To be able to move about the kitchen easily and quickly.
- To possess sufficient language skills to understand the tasks at hand.
- To be able to lift/unload/move food and supplies; lift dishes to storage location
- Use kitchen equipment safely; operate electrical and mechanical equipment
- Maintain appropriate inventory of food and supplies
- Operate dishwasher while maintaining appropriate temperature
- Determine cleanliness of dishes, food-contact surfaces, and kitchen areas
- Assess condition of food
- To maintain the highest level of sanitation in the kitchen.
- To perform whatever duties the cook and kitchen manager see necessary.
- To assist with serving food.
- To assist with clean-up of the kitchen.
- Table setting in a.m. and bringing dishes to the dining room for lunch and dinner for campers to set.
- To assist with the serving of food.
- To assist with consolidation and proper storage of food after meals.
- To clean up after meals and ongoing cleaning to maintain the highest levels of sanitation in the kitchen.
- Food prep to assist the cook and baker.
- Salad Bar preparation
- Beverage preparation i.e. bug juice, fruit juices and coffee.
- Assist with grilling, meat slicing.
- Sweeping and mopping at the end of the day.